Thursday, May 1, 2014

Station Maintenance Notice

The AccuWeather HQ Davis weather station lost power and stopped transmitting Saturday at 5:08 AM. I believe it lost power because the batteries were not in correctly.

I rebooted the station this afternoon, but it would no longer receive data. I rebooted again and the console received data, then froze up.

Third reboot seemed to be work but it stopped transmitting to the Internet soon thereafter.

A fourth reboot has worked thus far. I'd like to upgrade the firmware on the device but I need to find the IP address first.

Because the station was actually unpowered, it did not maintain a record during that period. The nearest station (my house) reported these temperatures:

SATURDAY: 39/68
SUNDAY: 33/66
MONDAY: 28/62 (as of 3 PM)
In addition, the "WeatherMatrix" station at my house was not transmitting temperatures between 6 AM & 4 PM on April 30th. This was due to a dead battery and not enough solar power this week. Both outages are shown below:

No comments:

Post a Comment